Edit: Well the event didn't go as it should have, as not nearly enough people showed up
On October 1st we are going to be holding a Staff vs Players PVP event! This event will take place at spawn, in the warzone to be exact.
During this event all staff members will only be able to attack players, and all players will only be able to attack staff; this is in place to prevent a giant free for all (though that could also be fun).
To make this a little more interesting... if you kill a staff member you will be given their head after the event is over. The event will be over when all staff members have met their doom! In addition to this, you will be given a $5 buycraft voucher if you kill a staff member (only 1st death of each staff member counts!).
How long will the event be?
This event shouldn't be too long, I'd say around 20-45 minutes depending on how long it takes all the staff to die .
Will staff be OP (overpowered)?
Slightly, yes, I am thinking all staff members during this event will be given 2x the amount of hearts as non-staff. The gear used however, will not be spawned in, it will be gear either donated to us by some very nice players, or simply gear that we already have.
We recently put out an update that adds 1v1 duels (/duel). As of now there is only 1 kit and 3 maps. The kit is a NoDebuff kit, but in the future be sure to expect a Debuff kit and a Gapple kit.
For all you Factions noobs out there, Debuff means it includes other potions such as poison, weakness and slowness, while NoDebuff simply means none of that stuff, only the common fire res and speed pots.
Some info about Duels:
mcMMO abilities and gaining xp is disabled in Duels
Duels are supposed to only last 5 minutes max, after that time the players remaining will be given a wither effect that will inevitably kill you
Currently there is no elo/leaderboard system, but in the future we will add that, as well as a /1v1 that can put you in a 1v1 queue
In the future there will also be a Duels wager system, where you can bet money on the outcome of your Duel. (something like /duel (name) (price), and the player you dueled would have to accept the wager)
We just released Duels after many many hours of work put into the plugin, and even just bug testing it in general. If you come across any sort of bug or exploit related to Duels, make sure to tell staff immediately (and privately), as any bug abused will result with an immediate ban from the server. Finders of bugs WILL be rewarded depending on the bug, and if they did not further abuse it.
Edit: Well we've got our first bug found. Duels will be disabled until we get a...
This is the official Update Log, and can be visited using unchainedmc.net/updates. Almost every change to the UnchainedMC server will be listed here, and bigger updates will still have their own announcement.
Updated Mobstacker and RandomTeleport plugin; report if any bugs
Re-enabled and fixed silktouch and spawners
Disabled mining and placing spawners due to silktouch bug, will be re-enabled when it is fixed
Creepers can damage obsidian and other blocks that they weren't able to before
Fixed a bug with 1.7 holograms (still can't see them though while in 1.7)
Updated various plugins; bug fixes
Made lottery tickets cost $100 (used to be $50) /lot
Added back 1.7 support, without the bugs! (except holograms...)
More shop fixes
Logblock now only shows info on land you own (/lb tool)
Hoppers (and echests) can no longer be crafted, and are worth a lot more
Decreased knockback values even further
Added Saturation to Duels (won't have to eat food right away as it starts)
More improvements to duel map "Inside", spawns on ground now
You can no longer rename spawners (used to trick noobs at /ah)
Fixed bug where old name was shown if you did a minecraft name change and used /namecolor...
It's been about 4 days since the first set of polls were announced, and here we will discuss the results and ask for yet even more feedback.
1. Do you like UnchainedMC Factions? We received mixed results on this question. The overwhelming majority sided with Yes, but also with no saying they aren't too fond of Factions in general. This 2nd opinion can be expected because UnchainedMC was originally a network consisting of a variety of different gamemodes.
2. If you just don't like Factions in general, would there be a way to change that opinion? The overwhelming majority put Yes, meaning there must be something that could make it fun for them (if it isn't already).
3. Is it too hard to make money on UnchainedMC Factions? The majority here sided with no, it is hard but still do-able, but also sided with Yes it is too hard to make money.
4. What type of Factions player are you more like? The majority voted themselves as a casual survival player, while a good amount did say they were more like a hardcore pvper.
5. Should mcMMO pvp related features be removed? The majority sided with keeping mcMMO's pvp functionality, but a good amount still did vote for removing that aspect, and many also expressed that this change wouldn't really matter. ...